Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Eggplant in Tomato Sauce

I decided I'd try to introduce a little more variety into the vegetables I feed my family. At first I thought I'd add the eggplant to a pasta sauce and serve it over pasta, but when I went to make the dinner I realized I had much more eggplant than tomatoes. When I mixed it up I realized it didn't really need the pasta at all.

Ingredients:
  • One large eggplant peeled and cut into cubes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • garlic salt
  • Parmesan cheese
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon basil

Heat the oil in a pan. Add eggplant. Sprinkle salt over eggplant. Brown on all sides. Sprinkle cheese over browned eggplant and let melt.

Add tomatoes, sauce and basil. Simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve warm.

No comments: